Anyone remember Helen Road in Darnall?

tasha_78

the milk man with the horse is alive & kicking, his name is fred he lived on industry road,(well into his 80's now) shows that hard work dont kill you, out in all weather & lifting those heavy crates. there was two great chippies one at the bottom of industry road, that lady took over the chippie opposite the duke of york, the other was opposite the rec. When i first lived down greenland road there was no bus depot (that was knocked down for B&Q)

• 4 months later...
the milk man with the horse is alive & kicking, his name is fred he lived on industry road,(well into his 80's now) shows that hard work dont kill you, out in all weather & lifting those heavy crates. there was two great chippies one at the bottom of industry road, that lady took over the chippie opposite the duke of york, the other was opposite the rec. When i first lived down greenland road there was no bus depot (that was knocked down for B&Q)

Im not sure if we are talking about the same milk man, but my sister went to live with a milkman after our parents split up early mid 60s, we lived at 111 industry rd....

I knew the Rileys by sight they were a bit older than me. my OH knows Keith he has a shop on attercliffe rd. that has tools & machines called Rileys,(there is another tool shop)

hathechewed: not same milkman uncle was married and live a bit further up the road, he was a co-op man.

tasha: it was craven road you would have walked to the terminus.

Tanfield : i remember Teds shop it had every thing we needed in those days, it would have been shut down by H&S & food safety as it was scruffy, wounder what happened to them ,they were just shutting up when i was rehoused.