Living nextdoor to smackheads!

we've just been informed that our new young neighbours are from a half-way house. Apparently one of them has been in care since the age of 10 and is prone to violent outbursts? bloody sheffield council :(

I take it then that the property you live in is not council and you privately own it......in which case I ask the question WHY would you have spent your hard earned money on a property that is next to a council home that could be used to house any sort of scum element?

no julado i am not just speculating, and yes i have interacted with him in the past he has lived there for about 8 years and was once a nice bloke. don't have me marked as some miserable old prude!.

i have had my suspicions for a while that there is drugs involved but hoped i was wrong. About 3 or 4 weeks ago when he was on one of his rants he was telling his mates in a very loud voice that he liked heroin and he liked crack and it didn't enter his head what they liked, so that kinda comfirmed it.

i dont stand curtain twitching or with my ear pressed to the wall listening to them , we live in a terraced house the noise carries, i wish i didn't know what was going on it's a sickening feeling when you realise what you are living next door to.

Have you considered contacting 1970s rock band Smokie, asking them to re-release their hit "Living Next Door To Alice" to raise awareness of your plight? You could ask them to re-record the chorus as follows;

"Oh, I don't know why they’re leaving, or where they’re gonna go

I guess they’ve got their reasons but I just don't wanna know

'Cos for 24 years I've been living next door to smackheads

24 years just waitin' for a chance

To tell them how I feel and maybe get a second glance

Now I gotta get used to not living next door to smackheads"

Hope that helps!

Hi Julie,

I really do feel for you and the situation that you are in. I also fully understand your fears and the need for you to tread gently. I can only suggest that catch him in a good mood and play the sympathy card and gently explain how thin the wall are and that it is affecting your childrens sleep. Don't mention the drugs, he might get paraniod etc. Have any of your other neighbours complained etc. See how that goes and if it falls on deaf ears then i think you would have no option but to inform the authorities.There is no reason why you should sit and suffer this awful situation,

Good luck

Andy

what's a girl supposed to do when your nextdoor neighbour is off their heads on heroin and crack cocaine most of the time.

What would you do in this situation, grin and bear in, report him to police or just hope he kills himself sooner rather than later!.

what would you do?....................

If they are not interfering with you basically nothing.If they are call 101.(NUISANCE BEHAVIOUR CAN REPORT HERE)

Archived