To the people who post "To the person who..."

Yes I like those. I always read the first few messages, but purely to check I'm not the person being referred to. I never have been so far, but it may happen one day.

The other ones I like are of the form 'is anyone going to (insert name of massive event) in town tonight?'. Well, yes - lots of people will be going.

Yes I like those. I always read the first few messages, but purely to check I'm not the person being referred to. I never have been so far, but it may happen one day.

The other ones I like are of the form 'is anyone going to (insert name of massive event) in town tonight?'. Well, yes - lots of people will be going.

To the person who was first to reply to the person who posted the thread "To the people who post "To the person who...""

You know who you are!

There....it's happened now, so you don't have to keep reading them all. :)

• 2 years later...

lol, do you do so many Sheffield Forumer annoying things that you always have to read the first few posts just to check it's not you? Haha

I only read them if it begins "To the idiot in the car..", to check if it's me lol.

There are, at most, perhaps 10,000 regular users of this forum (there's never been more than 3,700 online at once). The population of Sheffield is between 600 and 700 thousand, so even if we posit that every forum member lives in Sheffield, the odds are still no better than one in sixty.

Since not every member lives in Sheffield, they're clearly worse than that, but how much worse is open to considerable speculation.

Archived