How to cope with Toothache?

Have you thought about going to Charles Clifford tmrw?

You get it seen to there and then if you are early enough.. you might have to tell a white lie though and tell them you dont have a dentist at present- that will get you seen to straight away in my experience.

Either that or salt water, my nan used to rub vodka on her gums as well if she had toothache- might be worth a shot.

Originally posted by littleboo

[band just for the record charles clifford had no apointmants for a week either [/b]

Is that for emergencies in the mornings as well?

They probably have more patients now though since I went though last- was a good couple of year ago.

Stop-Gap Measures To Cope With Tooth-Ache...

SIP a very small amount of whiskey, allow it to warm up in your mouth, then swill it around the tooth/abcess, or hold it over it with your tongue as long as possible, then spit it out. This will both sterilise and anaesthetise and by spitting it out, you'll be able to also take any painkillers safely. Repeat several times an hour until the pain subsides.

Wrap a thick woolen scarf or similar around your face, covering jaw, mouth and nose (not TOO tightly!;))... Also be sure to cover your ears (this is very important!). Avoid any sudden changes in temperature, e.g. going from a hot to a cold room & vice-versa.

This method works not only with toothache and abcesses but also helps greatly with neuralgia... compared to which, toothache is a mere inconvenience!

Originally posted by Pseudonym

Stop-Gap Measures To Cope With Tooth-Ache...

SIP a very small amount of whiskey, allow it to warm up in your mouth, then swill it around the tooth/abcess, or hold it over it with your tongue as long as possible, then spit it out. This will both sterilise and anaesthetise and by spitting it out, you'll be able to also take any painkillers safely. Repeat several times an hour until the pain subsides.

Wrap a thick woolen scarf or similar around your face, covering jaw, mouth and nose (not TOO tightly!;))... Also be sure to cover your ears (this is very important!). Avoid any sudden changes in temperature, e.g. going from a hot to a cold room & vice-versa.

This method works not only with toothache and abcesses but also helps greatly with neuralgia... compared to which, toothache is a mere inconvenience!

im going to try that one later

cheers:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was in a similar situation with an awful toothache and I called into Boots and a very nice gentlemen there advised me to take their own brand Dental Pain Relief tablets, he assured me they were the strongest over the counter pain relief he could give me and they were. The tabs worked a treat on me, numbed the pain to a manageable level until I could get to the dentist :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Part of my tooth broke off a while ago, anyhow i bit into something tonight and it sent imense pain to my gum - the pain is overwhelming - experienced nothing like this before i've taken sdome ibrufen but that won't be enough

it's sunday night - what can i do - the pain is unbareable

Archived