New Jazz club opening soon

Tony

Going to be a new PROPER Jazz club on Arundel St in the old Punters bar. It's not really my taste, but it sounds good. A friend is doing it, and he's just spent a year playing at Ronnie Scotts. Expect to see Paul Weller and Courtney Pine live.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds very promising Tony. What sort of artists is your friend hoping to attract?

Personally I'd like to see music from all around the world catered for, people like Dino Saluzzi or Knut Reiersrud, along side more traditional jazz from people like Guy Barker.

Originally posted by Agent Dan

How about Gilad Aztmon? - he plays two saxophones at once!!!

Interesting you say that, although I've not heard that name before, I've just found out that I've seen him play live, with Ian Dury and the Blockheads at Finsbury Park, about 12 years ago I think. Just like you said, he played the sax bit on "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick" on two saxes at once!

I prefer "classical" Jazz myself.. a tune and a croon! I think its going to be more what I would call Random Jazz. mmmm nice!:lol:

It should be good though. The guy that is doing it has spent the last year playing at Ronnie Scotts, and he has a reputation for putting his all into a project.

Archived