New Jazz club opening soon

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Just spotted a post about not being able to see jazz in the afternoon - we play at Trippet's Wine Bar on Trippet lane from 12.30 - 3pm on the last Friday of the month.

Check my page http://www.wendykirkland.com for more details and also the postings place for events in this forum.

Cheers

Wendy

Not a jazz buff by any means but I enjoyed the opening night - the place is quite tight space-wise but there's a nice atmosphere/mix of people.

Think it's usually a tenner to get (though due to the size, it has been sold out, so ring up and check first).

It opens at 7 and when I went the band came on at just after 9.

They have some top names, some of which play at Ronnie Scott's and then travel up to Sheffield (there's a plush flat above the venue).

All in all, definitely worth a visit. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

If you're looking for an excuse to check out the one-eleven club then come check out my band. We're playing there in a few weeks time on Tuesday the 2nd of March.

By all accounts it's a really nice venue (not that I've had a chance to go there yet). Their website is here (watch out, it has lots of java, which crashes some peoples' browser) and this is my jazz band's website. There's a map and stuff on my band's website if you don't know where it is.

Cheers

Nick

Archived