7 Spices, Shalesmoor

myfanwy

Anyone know what's happened at 7 spices on Shalesmoor. We've always really loved it there, but tonight was a complete disaster. There wasn't one member of staff that we recognised, and we booked for 8.30, but hadn't even had our starter at 10.15. We left at that point! They say they've not changed management, but something wasn't right.

Sorry to all those not interested in this, just wondered if anyone knew anything.

14th Feb is always the busiest day of the year for restaurants. Guess they just left themselves over-stretched.

Been there a few times in the past 6 months. Has been as excellent as ever. The thing I really like is their range of food - there's always something new and unusual (and generally lovely) to try.

Last meal we had there wasn't too good - about a year ago. Also you have to be careful to check the bill. The first time we went we noticed that it hadn't been added up correctly. I mentioned this to a workmate who mentioned that she was going and coincidentally the same thing happened to her. Beware!

I've rated this place since first eating there about 18 months back. I even had my last birthday there in June and it was spot on.

However, like the OP, our last visit was a disappointment and we ended up waiting two hours before we were seated. Normally this would not be a problem, I'd just continue drinking at the bar but as I hadn't eaten since lunch time I became so hungry that I actually stopped drinking (and boy, does that slow the hours down!).

And yes, the recognisable members of staff (a few of whom we know by name) were nowhere to be seen.

I sincerely hope Seven Spices isn't going to turn into all the other run-of-the-mill curry houses Sheffield has. I will pay another visit in due course in the hope that this was a one-off.

We had the same experience on Friday night.

I'd heard good things about this place so we thought we'd try it. But an hour and a half after ordering there still was no sign of the Main course. We were fobbed off with excuses that they were busy, but it was by no means full. We promptly left.

A shame really as it seemed nice in side and the food looked good.

I agree 7 Spices has always been great, which is why we've continued to go there for number of years now. The food has always been far better than some of the other Indian restaurants we have tried. As I said I didn't recognise one member of staff there, and the waiters really didn't know what they were doing - they didn't seem to know what the table numbers were or who had ordered what. A number of times they came to our table with food that didn't belong to us, and more food was taken back to the kitchen than actually was delivered (we were sat just outside the kitchen so could see what was going on). Oh well, shame to say I don't think we'll be going back.

Archived