New club in Sheffield: what would you like to see?

T*Babes

As long as it isnt embrace i dislike that place. Republic was brillant great atomosphere, nice people and good music.

Definatley a club with a few rooms like your RNB, Cheesy Pop & Dance/Funky House would go down well.

Id like a decent club which is just for over 21 year olds.

Im wanting to open a new club in sheffield as i think sheffield doesnt have enough clubs. I was thinking of opening a RnB club but would like to know what you lovely guys look for in a sheffield club. xx

most of the RnB nights in sheffield noramlly end up with trouble. it brings the wrong crowd / people to the events

Do you really think there is a market in Sheffield for another night club? Many have gone over the past 3 years, lots of new projects have been started and folded. You have to be 500% confident of your market to do that in this climate........good luck....

I think the number of commercial clubs in Sheffield at the moment is shocking.

On a Saturday you generally have a choice of Leadmill or Embrace. As far as I know Carling Academy is bizarrely shut on Saturday most of the time.

The music in the Leadmill on Saturday is terrible, and I'd rather repeatedly stick pins in my eyes than go anywhere near Embrace. A fairly large club that is 21+ that has a good interior (i.e, appeals to people who want to have a sit down in comfy chairs and kind of looks like upstairs in the Republic after the refurb) will go down very well

most of the RnB nights in sheffield noramlly end up with trouble. it brings the wrong crowd / people to the events

I'd concur on that one; most types of club, including Gay clubs, seem to now be in plentiful supply in Sheffield. However, one market which still needs more venues is Live Music/Cabaret.

I'm still looking for a venue for SAT 7th MARCH for a night I am doing. Anyone with a venue free fro that date please email dan@alacroart.com to let me know!:thumbsup:

Archived