New club in Sheffield: what would you like to see?

T*Babes

Katy, what a brill post! This is exactly what is needed, I don't think all of the above can ever be achieved, as alcohol quite often turns the most rational person into an idiot! I do think though that your ideas about what the interior and staff are like is spot on. Heavy handed door staff really annoy me and I have been thrown out of a club once before and I am a very calm person, I got thrown out for BREAKING UP A FIGHT! Even when I explained the situation, still wasn't allowed back into the club. I used to LOVE Thursdays at Gatecrasher, it had really good music but on a student night and cheap drink! It didn't play cheese and there was r'n'b, electro and commercial dance. Awww I miss it, can you tell?

also young girls laying out on the toilets floors throwing up is also off putting so maybe more frequent toilet checks would be a good idea especially nearer closing time

plus toilets roll! theres always plenty when i first go to the toilet then theres none left and the bar staff look at you like your when you ask for some.

Having worked at Plug, I can assure you this is something that is done regularly there.

It's not easy though, despite going into the toilets with a broom and stack of loo rolls, you still get 'evils' from girls who think you're trying to push in front of them in queue and refuse to let you do your job :rant:

I agree with you about certain other venues though, I'm sad enough to take a pocket pack of tissues out with me to avoid such occurances...

Having worked at Plug, I can assure you this is something that is done regularly there.

It's not easy though, despite going into the toilets with a broom and stack of loo rolls, you still get 'evils' from girls who think you're trying to push in front of them in queue and refuse to let you do your job :rant:

I agree with you about certain other venues though, I'm sad enough to take a pocket pack of tissues out with me to avoid such occurances...

i do that too! lol!

seriously though theres nowt worse than sitting down having your wee then omg!! no toilet roll!!! :rant: i hate feeling damp :gag::hihi:

We already have a small flexible cosy venue putting on new bands, dj's and more...Its called The Stockroom...we have been open since Oct 08 and loving what we do and getting a great reaction from our acts and customers......Lots of varied nights...new promoters being given a chance...and its working well...

The more places like ours the better for our city and its culture and future......

We are near The Leadmill

http://www.myspace.com/stockroomsheff

I'd concur on that one; most types of club, including Gay clubs, seem to now be in plentiful supply in Sheffield. However, one market which still needs more venues is Live Music/Cabaret.

I'm still looking for a venue for SAT 7th MARCH for a night I am doing. Anyone with a venue free fro that date please email dan@alacroart.com to let me know!:thumbsup:

Another plug..:rolleyes::hihi: Surely you aint doing the night unless you get a venue? :confused:

The former 'No Frills' DIY Store near the Leadmill would make an ace venue for live acts; it would be best divided into 2 or even 3 rooms; but yet another venue in that area would probably raise hackeles with the Licencing Authorities...

Archived