New club in Sheffield: what would you like to see?

T*Babes

Im wanting to open a new club in sheffield as i think sheffield doesnt have enough clubs. I was thinking of opening a RnB club but would like to know what you lovely guys look for in a sheffield club. xx

STONE ROSES,INSPIRAL CARPETS,EARLY 90'S INDIE ROCK,NEW INDIE ROCK .THIS TYPE OF STUFF WOULD BE FRESH TO THE SHEFFIELD PUBLIC.NOT ENOUGH BEING PLAYED.WHEN IT IS ,ITS APPRECIATED.

POSSIBLY 1 NIGHT THIS 1 NIGHT RnB.THERE ARE CLUBS THAT PLAY RnB.JUST CHECK LOTS OF STREET POSTERS THAT ARE SELF PUBLICISED.CHECK THEM OUT AND YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD IDEA OF THE CLIENTEL YOU ARE AIMING FOR. (A GOOD BALANCE IS REQUIRED) IT WILL NOT BECOME TERRITORIAL THEN.

Well as the rumour goes, Embrace is shutting down and becoming an Oceania (the same as whats in Leeds!!), if it is true i really can't wait cause oceania in Leeds is ACE!!!

If your thinking of opening a new club, Don't make it over 21, this of all us 18 year olds that can't stand embrace or Ledmill on a saturday!!

Im wanting to open a new club in sheffield as i think sheffield doesnt have enough clubs. I was thinking of opening a RnB club but would like to know what you lovely guys look for in a sheffield club. xx

Loads of pretty girls, keep the rough men out, no binge drinking no music too loud.

• 2 weeks later...
a club that holds around the 400-500 mark would be nice. everywhere in sheffield is too big, too small, or the wrong layout for what I want to do! (please someone re-open Fuel as a credible venue, it'd be mint!)

...I wouldn't be surprised if someone is currently on the case, as there are a few hints about a 'new' club opening around that neck of town...:confused:

There is planning permission (and licensing I believe) for a nightclub in the lower floors of the building (still waiting for construction to start) next door to the Jury's Inn hotel. A link to the plans were on here a while ago.

What we don't know is if anyone will open the space when the building gets completed, or they will wait to fit it out once the current recession has been sorted out.

Don't put carpet anywhere near where people are likely to dance... I hate that.

Decent air-con is a must too. Nothing wore than drowning in your own sweat.

Oh and a well sorted soundsystem, one that sounds loud but you can still speak to people - they are rare but very special!!

Archived