Kelham Island Tavern food

Mandem

I am meeting some friends for lunch on friday, and as one works near that area we thought we would try the Kelham Island for food. Has anyone been there, is it good, not so good or what. Appreciate any comments. Thanks.

By lunch I'm presuming you mean midday, as they don't do food of an evening. Haven't tried it, as I'm not usually around in the day, but I did try the Harlequin at lunchtime last week (just across the junction towards the Wicker) and the thai green curry I had for a mere £3.00 was top quality.

For a pub that keeps winning awards that seems an odd thing to say. I don't drink the evil stuff so can't comment but people who I go there with never complain. You get some dodgy folk types with nasty instuments in the back room in the evenings sometimes but the garden is good and they will all be looking after the next generation of Tarquins in the day so you should be ok.

:)

For a pub that keeps winning awards that seems an odd thing to say. I don't drink the evil stuff so can't comment but people who I go there with never complain. You get some dodgy folk types with nasty instuments in the back room in the evenings sometimes but the garden is good and they will all be looking after the next generation of Tarquins in the day so you should be ok.

:)

To clarify: by comparison with the very high standards of the Kelham Island Tavern, Harlequin, Wellington, Gardener's Rest et al, the beer at the Fat Cat is poor...

Archived