Kelham Island Tavern food

Mandem

Oooops, I thought you were saying the Kelham Island beer was poor and it was the Kelham island I was refering to. I am not a huge fan of the Fat Cat either but again, can't coment on the beer.

My fault - that post was ambiguous. Never had a bad 'un at the KIT but too many at the Cat. It has always been variable there, which did not matter years ago, when they were pretty much the only real ale place in Sheff, but now?

Unfortunately the food at the Fat Cat food has deteriorated in the past years, I think she (the cook) just takes it for granted that everyone is going to like the food, so doesn't try too hard. The last meal I had there was inedible.

Sounds okay, so I will let everyone know what its like after Friday. Thanks for your replies.

Might be worth checking with the pub they are doing food as normal on Friday as they have a do on in the afternoon and could be very busy.

If not Harlequin or Fat Cat do food, alternatively if you are willing to spend a little more there is the Milestone Gastropub.

I found the food very poor at the Fat Cat. Home made does not mean good! Anywhere that serves tinned garden peas with anything should be closed down! I have not eaten there for a couple of years though so it may have improved but I can't say I am optomistic!

Indeed... they do good sarnies but not a big fan of the main meals these days.

Well as AndyC said, the Kelham Island was heaving, and we couldn't get in the door. Cameras and all sorts there. We ended up at the Fat Cat, the food was mediocre, but the company was brilliant. Perhaps we will try next time.

Archived