A slightly disappointing visit to the Milestone

swissheavy

Being an avid fan of the Milestone, I opted for going there with the girlfriend on Valentines Day - an unusual thing for us as we know they are overpriced days.

The food itself was of superb quality and craft but unfortunately it was the sheer portion size! They were teeeeeny!! Although this is quite typical of their upstairs restaurant I believe. Anyway - lesson learnt and never again. I'll stick to Artisan. Or the Milestone for its two courses for £12 deal.

We have given up going out for dinner on Valentines. You just get a better deal going any other night of the year!

I hate the feeling of cramming ion as many tables for 2 as possible, rushing you through a limited set menu for more than you'd usually pay for a la carte....

This isn;'t against any particular restaurant, or even a complain that they do it, that's economic forces for you, while people will always go out and pay it the restaurants will continue to do it!

I just hate being disappointed when I pay to eat out!

Never been upstairs but the food downstairs has been poor-average on quite a few occasions unfortunately. Stuff like fish and chips, a game pie and salmon oatcakes were all like this. They need to sort that out as it must be putting a lot of people off going for food.

When I lived in Sheffield the Milestone was my local. I often had their special offer meals and thought they were OK. The drinks prices also seemed to come down after the floods.

I haven't been in for about 4 months. I do hope it is as I remember it as I am back in Sheffield in a few weeks.

Being an avid fan of the Milestone, I opted for going there with the girlfriend on Valentines Day - an unusual thing for us as we know they are overpriced days.

The food itself was of superb quality and craft but unfortunately it was the sheer portion size! They were teeeeeny!! Although this is quite typical of their upstairs restaurant I believe. Anyway - lesson learnt and never again. I'll stick to Artisan. Or the Milestone for its two courses for £12 deal.

ahem, ;) to be fair when you see this photo, its not hard to see why this poster is complaining.

This is a photo of swissheavy on his way to the meal on his motorbike

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Random/super-fat-man-on-a-scooter.jpg

It was a similar thing at the Walnut Club - very disappointing. We had carpaccio of venison (three tiny slices - a little larger than a 50p piece each), lobster thermidor (the lobster was around the size of a large prawn - think I had three pieces of lobster) and a chocolate tasting plate (little more than a 2cm x2cm piece of brownie, a tablespoon of chocolate ice cream and a couple of teaspoons of chocolate mousse).

For £45 a head you'd expect to come out satisfied at the very least but I was still really hungry.

The service was pretty dire too - the restaurant was half full, it was a set menu and the wait staff just couldn't seem to cope!

It was the first time I'd eaten out on Valentine's Day - and it will certainly be the last if this is the norm!

Archived