A slightly disappointing visit to the Milestone

swissheavy

Beebop! Ya git lol! I must admit, I am overweight by about a stone, because I do indeed like my food. But I'm not that bad!

Donna - that sounds so remarkably similar with portion sizes!! We had a chocolate tasting plate too and it was exactly the same kind of sizes. Never again...

To be positive though, the service is exemplary, the drinks superb and the atmosphere spot on. The quality of the food was good too - just the sheer lack of size. I really should have taken some photos, but I don't think the missus or the rest of the restaurant would have been impressed!

Beebop! Ya git lol! I must admit, I am overweight by about a stone, because I do indeed like my food. But I'm not that bad!

Donna - that sounds so remarkably similar with portion sizes!! We had a chocolate tasting plate too and it was exactly the same kind of sizes. Never again...

To be positive though, the service is exemplary, the drinks superb and the atmosphere spot on. The quality of the food was good too - just the sheer lack of size. I really should have taken some photos, but I don't think the missus or the rest of the restaurant would have been impressed!

But a place that does decent food isn't about stuffing your face. It's about food that delivers flavour. For me the Milestone does this every time.

I have had one good meal at the Milestone and one BAD meal. Ordered a cheese board and the cheese was all the same and very bland, then ordered a chocolate and chilli cheese cake and the chilli was far too over-powering and the pastry was honestly like a child had made it. I think stick to the special offers and cocktails (2 for 1 on a Thursday) and avoid the upstairs restaurant. They haven't got the food upstairs right yet and are overpriced. The Ivory is better and is three courses for £20. But the cocktails are some of the best I have had!

I've never eaten upstairs, but we've just been this week, with some of us eating off the promo menu and the rest having the red mullet to start and belly pork for mains (it's pork week there). All of the food was very tasty and exceedingly well cooked, so I can't complain in the slightest.

Yeah I've been twice to the upstairs bit and always was disappointed. Downstairs has been superb and the cocktails are the best in England for me!

The great discovery I had was the Sunday Lunch at Artisan for £16 - 3 courses. That was simply wonderful and for me is a direct competitor of the Milestone.

But a place that does decent food isn't about stuffing your face. It's about food that delivers flavour. For me the Milestone does this every time.

Agree 100% and have never once had the slightest quibble with anything at the Milestone, food, drinks, service all superb. I have often found the food at Artisan too 'busy' and heavy and the service pushy and intrusive.

Archived