A slightly disappointing visit to the Milestone

swissheavy

Yeah I've been twice to the upstairs bit and always was disappointed. Downstairs has been superb and the cocktails are the best in England for me!

The great discovery I had was the Sunday Lunch at Artisan for £16 - 3 courses. That was simply wonderful and for me is a direct competitor of the Milestone.

I love Artisan, but I haven't been for AGES. It would be good if the food they did in Artisan was what they did upstairs in the Milestone and I think this is where they want to be too! For me, they don't just quite pull it off.

Have you tried the F word cocktail at the Milestone? AMAZING!

Never been to Artisan, but The Milestone has never let me down. Great food that's locally sourced and excellent service. They make everything fresh on the premises, like their organic bread and superb sauces and don't even get me started on their cocktails!!!!!!!! Kelham Island Iced Tea is my favourite! Thursday's is 2 for 1 on cocktails all day and presents even better value for money than usual.

Yes the F word and Kelham Island Ice Tea are definite favourites for most including me!

As I say, it wasn't the quality, it was the portion sizes and lack of veg. It was a disgrace. Two times in a row with the upstairs bit of the Milestone. Never again I'm afraid.

Archived