P.W.D Painters

chrispag

A few more names spring to mind,

i worked with Kieth Pilling for a short time his nickname was tater,

Harry fletcher and Dave Bradshaw were also on that gang.

One day while on Ron Drakes gang i was painting porches and drakey was doing bits as he always did and pinching time off everyones blocks, it was a cold day and he was stood at the kitchen window talking to the woman tenant while ******* in the sink drain i wonder what she thought as she saw clouds of steam coming up!

Some names from Ian Hall he started his apprenticeship with Jack Hudson, in 1969 left about 1977and remembers Tommy Latham, Ray Liversidge and knows all the others who have been mentioned, anybody remember Ian, good friends with Steve Elvin, enjoying reading all this really takes him back.

Went to Psalter Lane and Shirecliffe with Malc Grainger and Steve Elvin

• 1 month later...

Some good laughs on council i used to work on chris laycocks gang supervised by steve coggan he really is the master of painting.Self employed now earning 3 times as much as the little boys wages of old council if your there steve i miss you

Don't know if it's the right Steve Coggan, but as far as i know he's still in the system and working for kier and came over from the council. I still see Chris Laycock from time to time he hasn't changed at all. The sad thing about it all is that there are no laughs now.

The "old council painters have all but gone". Still i've got some good memories and some funny stories, i didn't think i would ever look back at those days without fondness, shows how wrong you can be. "Share them"

Another one of my favourites was ken earnshaw.He was such a well educated man,polite and softly spoken.Great days

I also forgot one man he looked chinese and was called john does anyone remember him i always wondered if he had been burned as a kid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...