Kann jemand hier Deutsch sprechen?

Ich habe letze Monat nach Bochum gereisen (und auch letze Jahr), und jetzt wünsche ich mein Deutsch aufzufrischen. November bleiben Deutsche Gäste bei uns, und es würde sehr gut sein, korrektes Deutsches mit ihnen zu sprechen.

Zählen Sie mich innen!

Originally posted by sparrow0114

Thanks for the welcome :)

I have to admit, after nearly 11 years here (7 in Sheffield), I don't *sound* - or even feel - particularly German, but seeing as part of my work involves *being* German, I can't really say I'm not :) Even though I've taught adult ed, I had no idea there were this many interested people around. Although I am fully used to comments like:

'Oh, you're German? I've been to Germany once - we stopped at a welcome break on the A1 (M1 equivalent) - do you know it?'

:)

I've chatted to a few Americans online who have said (upon discovering my nationality) I know X person in London; do you know them? :roll:

I can kind of see how they get confused, given that a lot of Americans know very little about English life (I'll state at this point that I 'know' quite a few of our American ex-pats and visitors on this site, and this is not a reflection on them at all!) However, for someone talking to someone from anoher European country of a roughly similar size, I find that amazing! :D

Originally posted by DanSumption

I habe letze Monat nach Bochum gereisen (und auch letze Jahr), und jetzt wünsche ich mein Deutsch aufzufrischen. November bleiben Deutsche Gäste bei uns, und es würde sehr gut sein, korrektes Deutsches mit ihnen zu sprechen.

Zählen Sie mich innen!

I got the gist of this Dan, but must confess I struggles with some bits and resorted to Google! It translated it as

I has letze month to Bochum gereisen (and also letze year), and wishes now I my German to refurbish. November German guests remain with us, and it would be very good to speak correct German with them. Count me inside!

Hmmm. Have now lost faith in Google's translation program! :D

Hallo Dan,

Dein Deutsch ist gut (ich sag einfach 'Du' - 'Sie' ist so foermlich).

Ich bin auch schon nach Bochum gefahren, mit einer Schulklasse. Bis November ist noch viel Zeit, dein Deutsch zu verbessern - schick mir eine PM, wenn du weiter ueben moechtest :)

...what does google have to say to that?

Originally posted by sparrow0114

Hallo Dan,

Dein Deutsch ist gut (ich sag einfach 'Du' - 'Sie' ist so foermlich).

Ich bin auch schon nach Bochum gefahren, mit einer Schulklasse. Bis November ist noch viel Zeit, dein Deutsch zu verbessern - schick mir eine PM, wenn du weiter ueben moechtest :)

...what does google have to say to that?

I definately don't trust it now!:suspect:

Hello Dan, your German is good (I say simply ' you ' - ' is so formal you '). I already drove to Bochum, with a grade. Until November still much time is to improve your German - send to me a PM, if you continue to practice moechtes

*lol* Yeah, that's what I told the kids I used to teach - don't trust google (they submitted a piece of homework and were gob-smacked when I knew they hadn't done it - google had translated the Potter in Harry Potter as a job description *lol*

...sounds very Yoday, doesn't it?

...Until November still much time is to improve your German ...

:)

Hallo leute,

Es ist schoen das es hier Deutsche sprecher gibt! Ich habe seit lang kein Deutsch gesprochen. Ich bin nicht nur nach Bochum gefahren aber habe ich auch da gewohnt! Hoffentlich konnen wir gleich diesen Stammtisch organisieren.

Bis bald

Hi,

I thought this thread had faded! But it has resurfaced. If anyone fancies doing a Stammtisch, we could meet up at the forum meet this sunday and discuss maybe? Dev Cat as usual I think. Ive never been to one before but I'm sure Ill be able to find the forumers.

Failing that a pub in hillsborough sometime mid week is best for me! Any thoughts? I don't mind organising things.

Tim

Ah, OK, so...

Zählst du mich innen!

?

Und... Ich weiß nicht, ob ich kommen kann dieser Sonntag, ich versuche. Und ich muß zulassen, daß meine Übersetzung (mindestens auf dem Web ["Web", nicht "Netz", sicher?]) wenig Babelfish verdankt.

Der einzige Deutsche, den ich von der Schule erinnern an kann, ist "Wie spät ist es?", das dieser Haufen des Abfalls eine Babel Fischübersetzung ist - eine neue Sprache ist im Prozeß verursacht worden. "GermaBabel".

Wurden Sie mögen zu meinem Platz für irgendein rumpi pumpi kommen?

Archived