Kann jemand hier Deutsch sprechen?

anyone attempting to translate using babel fish will only spout rubbish. I tried it in an essay once and showed it to a german. They laughed. Better off just writing it yourself with a dictionary!

If you want real rubbish, try the Bablizer, it is absolutely hilarious (sorry, this should probably go in "time wasters"). For example, I just entered tim_rutter's post, above, into the Babelizer and, excluding Chinese, Japanese & Korean, it came out with the following:

All such that to try, sprinkling the fish of the confusion, decree translate only applications of an excess. I controlled in a test in the past and I showed to him German. They had laughed. To improve the interior added to the right of the interior of the writing if with a predetermined rotation!

• 2 months later...

Did anything come of the Stammtisch idea?

I would be interested in keeping my German up.

Also: how do you get German channels on satellite TV? I've looked on Sky's website and they don't seem to offer any European channels.

Hi rfg199,

no, I don't think it did, and unfortunately, I'm moving out of Hillsborough (what appeared to be the hub of German activity) tomorrow...I'll still be in Sheffield, though, so if this does get up and running after all, I'll be around.

Witzig: den Post sehe ich heute zum ersten Mal. Wenn ich noch in Sheffield wäre, würde ich gerne zum Stammtisch kommen...

There were some other posters here who live in Germany. Where are you then? I'm in Düsseldorf and have been here 12 years.

Archived