Kann jemand hier Deutsch sprechen?

Sorry to hijack your thread, but do any of you German speakers know a good PA who speaks German, English and another western European language? I work in recruitment and we often struggle to find good linguists for our client companies.

Ask around please and PM me (in English please!!) for more details.

Originally posted by andy_D

If the Stammtisch will ever happen I would also like to join, however as I am from the south of Germany (from Baden-Württemberg) I have quite a strong accent

I spent my first years in Germany up in the extreme north learning nice clear high German (except when people spoke Platt or Danish!). When I moved to Baden-Württemberg a few years ago it was like having to learn German all over again! And even neighbouring villages seem to have their own dialects.

But that's what language learning is all about I suppose, and the only way to learn the authentic version is by conversing with the natives - complete with accent. I soon discovered that no-one here speaks remotely like my O'level teacher did!!

Viel Spaß beim Stammtisch. Schade, dass ich nicht dabei sein kann.

Archived