Is Sheffield getting better?

CarlSheff

Is it just me or is Sheffield nightlife picking up? Gatecrasher are back doing monthly nights, Insomniacz is back for a re-uinion with the tidy boys headlining. Plug have Eric Prydz in April along with a decent night out on Saturday with Shuffle & floorfillers. Retro has finally arrived once a month and Electrosexual at the academy aswell as live bands....Is Sheffield getting its act together? Last year was a c**p year to go out round sheff. :huh:

Also is OTR likely to be back anytime soon?

Good god... Positivity... I almost feinted

Wont last for long no doubt, someone will post something negative...There is alot more going off in sheffield without a doubt am sure DiscoDown (i think it is) will update whats going on.

The only thing what does p*** me off about Sheffield is how the majority of people on a weekend go to Embrace. Why??...I think alot of the new people just turning 18 etc have been brought up on how good it was back then. The older generation telling us how it was all about the Republic, bed, niche, Adelphi and the Arches is it? All of which are/were big places, so they presume that all the good nights are on at the biggest clubs, where as from when i go out in Sheffield all the decent nights or on at the smaller places such as DQ. Redroom, Nylon when it was open just to name a few...The only big club putting on decent nights seems to be Plug at the min. Anyway heres hoping that the positivity about Sheffield Clubbing is here for the long term. :hihi:

METROPOLIS + WAX:ON FT. CHASE AND STATUS FT. KANO + ANNIE MAC + BENGA.

What a line-up! Sheffield are having lots of different good nights. However, I really really really want Gatecrasher nightclub back. It is great that they are doing nights, but they need a big club playing decent music now!

I've never been excited by megasupersexycelebrity headliners so I can't really comment on how well Sheffield is doing in terms of attracting those.

There's plenty of underground events around though if you care to look, I'd say the best stuff is happening in smaller venues, and they're usually pretty cheap entry too.

Listings for February (without really thinking):

Friday 13th - Tinnitus - Machinochrist (The Redhouse)

Friday 20th - Subvert - Sasquatch / Sarantis / Contralto (The Redhouse)

Friday 27th - SulpHate - Billy Nasty / Tommy Vicari Jnr (Red Room)

Saturday 28th - Room 303 - Noyeahno / Squire of Gothos (The Harley)

Rough Disko are back next month and hopefully it wont be long before C90 get another gig on.... There's enough on to get out at least once every weekend...

Is it just me or is Sheffield nightlife picking up? Gatecrasher are back doing monthly nights, Insomniacz is back for a re-uinion with the tidy boys headlining. Plug have Eric Prydz in April along with a decent night out on Saturday with Shuffle & floorfillers. Retro has finally arrived once a month and Electrosexual at the academy aswell as live bands....Is Sheffield getting its act together? Last year was a c**p year to go out round sheff. :huh:

Also is OTR likely to be back anytime soon?

sorry to p*** on your text but what you have written doesn't make me think Sheffield is getting better: Eric Prydz? Insomniacs?....gimme a break!!!

Sheffield is getting slightly better in terms of acts and bands etc coming but still has a long way to go yet.

Wahay, only took a few hours for some negativity to creep in... so far at the academy we've had NERD, The Coral, Courteeners, Ben Folds, Prodigy, Nick Cave, The Twang, Glasvegas, White Lies, Soulwax, 2manyDJs, Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Chris Lake, Marco V, Sander van Doorn, The Futureheads, Motorhead, Pendulum and so on... In the next few months we've got The Specials, Elbow, Doves, Orbital, Wax:On, Basement Jaxx, Saxon, Rise Against, James Morrison, NDubz... Erm... Is that not enough for our first year?

As for other venues there are some fantastic underground nights kicking around, Club Pony, Threads and Fragment at DQ are all brilliant, Red Room has Basics, Retro, Love to be and so on...

I think Sheffield is brilliant considering nobody goes out

Archived