Public Sector Pension Liability now at £ 1 trillion.

The falling interest rates are making public sector pension deficit far worse.

http://www.citywire.co.uk/adviser/-/news/pensions/content.aspx?ID=323921

The Confederation of British Industry has called for an urgent review of public sector pension schemes, which it estimates will cost tax payers nearly £1 trillion over the next few decades.

New research from the CBI estimates that the liabilities from unfunded public sector pension schemes is likely to be at least £915 billion – while some experts believe the figure is closer to £1 trillion.

Describing the debt as ‘truly eye-watering’, John Cridland, deputy director-general at the CBI, called for a debate on public sector pensions to avert a worse scenario in years to come.

‘Public sector workers should have a good retirement, but we need to talk openly about how we split the bill. The debt that is being racked up is truly eye watering and is set to get much worse.

That's one hell of a pension that I will be getting :thumbsup:

The Turkey Army speaks!

I have no problem with the individuals who accepted the stupidly generous T's & C's, they were merely acting in self interest as anyone would. It's the decision makers that created this self perpetuating big government situation that make me :rant:

Gordon Brown is just the first in line!

The Turkey Army speaks!

I have no problem with the individuals who accepted the stupidly generous T's & C's, they were merely acting in self interest as anyone would. It's the decision makers that created this self perpetuating big government situation that make me :rant:

Gordon Brown is just the first in line!

The what army? :suspect: We havent had a spot of public servant bashing for a while. Oh well, when I get my inflation busting pension and sat in my tax haven, I will send you a post card :roll:

The what army? :suspect: We havent had a spot of public servant bashing for a while. Oh well, when I get my inflation busting pension and sat in my tax haven, I will send you a post card :roll:

Did you read my post? Where did I bash you? I specifically said I don't blame the individuals but in your case I'll make an exception seeing as you're so pathetically touchy.

It's a phrase I've seen used in blogs that amused me. Turkeys don't vote for Xmas just like Civil Servants don't vote to reduce taxes, cut the size of the state/public sector.

Did you read my post? Where did I bash you? I specifically said I don't blame the individuals but in your case I'll make an exception seeing as you're so pathetically touchy.

It's a phrase I've seen used in blogs that amused me. Turkeys don't vote for Xmas just like Civil Servants don't vote to reduce taxes, cut the size of the state/public sector.

I was referring the OP. I meant public servant bashing as opposed to be bashing me personally :suspect:

Anyhow, employing turkeys would be a damn good idea of reducing this pension debt :)

That's one hell of a pension that I will be getting :thumbsup:

This is true. I think the very least that you can do is too take up smoking, heavy drinking, unsafe sex, motor racing, drug dealing, drug taking, sky diving, mountaineering, swimming with sharks, swimming with aligators, swimming with pirannah, and going out with big blokes wives. This should ensure that you don't live to be a ripe old age, and put an undue burden on the poor sods who have to top up the public sector pensions black hole.:hihi:

I was referring the OP. I meant public servant bashing as opposed to be bashing me personally :suspect:

Anyhow, employing turkeys would be a damn good idea of reducing this pension debt :)

That's not how it reads due to the quote of my comment. And I meant "You" to mean civil servants themselves rather than you individually.

P.S I mistyped servants and my spell checkers first suggestion was "serpents". :wink:

Lets compare:

Average business leaders (top 100 firms) annual Pension: £333,400

http://www.mirror.co.uk/advice/money/2008/09/02/fat-cat-bosses-have-1billion-stashed-in-pension-funds-115875-20721364/

The average Civil Servants annual Pension £4,000

http://www.pcs.org.uk/en/department_for_transport_group/dft-news/index.cfm/id/E42195D2-E40E-4595-AAA022ECE889A2C1

And the CBI thinks public sector Pensions are too generous?

Archived