Blackpool fire

arrodbo

I went to Blackpool today for a stroll as I live quite near and went to visit the scene of the fire allegedly started by an arsonist at the weekend.

For those of you familiar with Blackpool its a shame to see such a majestic old building almost brought to the ground by fire. You can see right the way through now that its been gutted.

It was of course part of the Yates drinking establishments housed in what i think is a great old Victorian building and the local council reckons it will cost around £500,000 to restore.

Just thought some of you might be interested as i know a lot of past and present Sheffielders know the area.

Incidentally the whole of the front in Blackpool is nearing completion and looks like a great improvement to the promenade.

One of the few places in Blackpool worth mentioning, perhaps the arsonist could raze a few more properties; they could do with a overhaul. :rolleyes:

Agreed most of the grotty establishments are on the prom and they look reasonable at night but horrible in daylight but for some unknown reason people still flock there.

Archived