Timmins Family

PopT

• 2 years later...

Hello, I am just getting into this whole family history thing...when I noticed this forum. I was born in Sheffield, but now live in Canada. All I really know is that great grandad used to own a house on 24 lofthouse road. And I believe this is his info. John Thomas Timmins Birth 1850 married Married Martha Appleyard. And that my grandad (Frank Timmins) was born there? does this sound right?

CarolW

Sorry I missed your posting for some reason.

The two Timmins you mention are my son and daughter. Thanks for posting anyway.

PopT

I seem to remember a "Guy Fawkes" compettion in either St Stephens or St Columbas church hall - which they won.....

Am I right???!!!! :) :)

Carol W

It could well be my kids who won the contest but I cannot say for certain.

From an early age they were involved with the Stephen Hill church and entered many competitions which they loved.

I have sent you a PM.

PopT

Edited by PopT

• 2 months later...

I have only joined the Forum today and noticed a message from you dated some years ago about looking for your Grandfather David Timmins grave who died in Sheffield in 1921.

Because I am new to the forum I am not allowed to put a web link in my postings until I have made at least five posts.

You may already have this information but if not I found the burial entry. When looking at the record there is reference to a surname match. There are four pages of Timmins burials some of whom are probably related to you.

David Timmins (Iron Worker Aged seventy eight)

Died at 2 Smilter Lane. Buried December 10th 1921 in Consecrated ground.

Grave No. 57. Section B4 of Burngreave Cemetery, Sheffield.

Was your Grandmother called Esther? There is a widow Esther Timmins aged 81 of 159 Infirmary Road. Buried 2nd March 1925. Grave 529. Section BB at Burngreave Cemetery.

Hope this is of help to you.

Pat from England.