Annie Woods Farm Ecclesfield/Grenoside

Blade73

Was just wondering if anyone had any info on this.

Whenever I drove my grandad up Wheel Lane he'd always point out that his aunt Annie Woods had a farm there and that he used to ride horses there. He's also pointed out that old building which I think is a Cattery now on Wheel Lane was where they lived.

I've been doing the family tree but not found a connection yet, we're talking late 1930s early 40s.

Cheers

Was just wondering if anyone had any info on this.

Whenever I drove my grandad up Wheel Lane he'd always point out that his aunt Annie Woods had a farm there and that he used to ride horses there. He's also pointed out that old building which I think is a Cattery now on Wheel Lane was where they lived.

I've been doing the family tree but not found a connection yet, we're talking late 1930s early 40s.

Cheers

Is it the Woods who had sons Albert and Frank Albert was married to Edith.

All I know is Annie woods be interesting to know who she married and her maiden name.

The deeds to my house show woods as the owners up until 1991. Im sure the name Annie Woods is on the deeds I will get them out at the weekend and and have a look at them.

the farm you mention is now owned by andy & adele, ive met them a few times. im sure if you was to approach them they would give you any information they might have. i remember there was a old couple lived in a house in the same courtyard in the 70s & 80s who had been there for decades so andy& adele will have known them well

Archived