Cervical Cancer Screenings

Tess

Have you been Screened since reading Jade Goody's story?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been Screened since reading Jade Goody's story?

• Yes
    • No

Any irregular bleeding should be checked out, I would have thought that the first thing they would do is check the cervix and uterus.

it started after i gave birth to my baby and i did have some probs with retained placenta, they put it down to that. they gave me meds to stop it after a year and the second lot of meds worked, not had that problem since thou fully intend to ask for a smear once im registered with gp ( we moved recentlyish )

erm ive been avoiding it for 5 years

when my apointment came in 2 years ago it was put off due to long term bleeding ( i bled continously for 14 months )

i really must make an appointment soon

I really hope you make an appointment today.

• 4 weeks later...

dont let them forget you- especially if they say theyll only be in touch if the results are abnormal. you dont want to run the risk of them getting lost and you never knowing the results.

They don't let you know all's well as standard?

when it all became public about Jade it did prompt me to ring the drs to check when my smear was due. It's due in April and I will be making an appointment as soon as the letter arrives. It's not something I'd want to do every day, but I've never missed one since having my firsy one. It was a long time ago:)

Haven't read all this thread - am off out and won't get a real chance till later on today maybe......BUT

After years of not having a smear and actively taking myself OFF the recall I am booked in for a smear test at 8.30 on Monday.

I am not going to like it....I don't like the invasiveness.....however.....

this one's for you Jade :love:

They don't let you know all's well as standard?

in the past ive been told that ill only be contacted if there is something to discuss.

bearing in mind one of smear results never even made it to the surgery....if there had been bad news, i would never have known. :|

x

in the past ive been told that ill only be contacted if there is something to discuss.

bearing in mind one of smear results never even made it to the surgery....if there had been bad news, i would never have known. :|

x

That's not good. I've always received a letter to confirm negative results as well as the one positive result I have had.

Archived