Stan the motorbike man.

normanmarina

Anyone recall an old lad who was the boilerman at Lodge Moor hospital?He also tinkered about with motorbikes,all the local youths at the time(early 70s) would go to him for advice,I do remember when I lived in Lodge Moor Cafe with my mum 71-73 You could hear Stan coming to work on an old triumph 500 single with an open pipe!!I seem to think that when he retired he carried on the bike tinkering in a lock up,near hunters bar if memory serves me correctly!(could have been broomhillish!!)regards to all,Colin Eyre.

I knew stan early seventies he lived in a flat at the bottom of collegiate crescent at the ecclesall road end.

he allways greeted you with " right lads what do you know"

Yes I remember him but know absolutely nothing more about him. sorry

I knew stan early seventies he lived in a flat at the bottom of collegiate crescent at the ecclesall road end.

he allways greeted you with " right lads what do you know"

Would this flat be where he worked from after he retired from lodge moor? I seem to recall him working from a garage which was in a courtyard with other garages,the last time I saw him was 1975,he fitted a long ally tank,single seat and rear sets to my triumph,I thought it was the dogs wotsits after that! He was a cracking old lad and he lived and breathed bikes,bit like me really!!!!!!!!!Colin.

Archived