Bistrot Pierre near Somerfield, Ecclesall Road - have you been?

SMD13

Ha ha, protesting too much BTD? Just because you spent £80 on a meal for two? I'd say that's pretty bloody expensive for Eccy Rd?

Anyway, I went to LBPiere a couple of weeks after it opened and I'd say it was pretty bland. The waitresses were nice and friendly enough, nothing against them, but the menu says 'locally sourced food' - French... in Sheff? Hmmm... ours were just about edible but def microwave not fresh. Not cheap either, just average all round. Wouldn't go again.

Ha ha, protesting too much BTD? Just because you spent £80 on a meal for two? I'd say that's pretty bloody expensive for Eccy Rd?

£80 expensive? Hardly. Especially when £40 of that is taken up by wine! Granted you can eat cheaper if you choose, but most the quality restaurants around there will cost £40 for two people to eat. And please, call it Ecclesall Road - I know the spelling confuses some people but make the effort, please. :rant:

How very odd. First post, and expressing an opinion which flies in the face of everyone else's experience. It's like those people who's first post is ranting and raving about a new restaurant. A vested interest, perhaps...? :suspect:

No vested interest and the food and staff WHERE EXCELLENT when we went we also have friends eaten there since and where impressed defo on our visit again list. I wish peo[ple would say ECCLESALL too just hate this ECCY ROAD expression who started it anyway!!!!!!!!!!

Four of us went mid week £85 for a starter platter and one other starter which we all shared we then had 4 mains and a couple of drinks each came to £85 which i thought ws reasonable for a decent restaurant my other half has already been back for lunch with her friends and all of them enjoyed it.

I like the windows allround, shame its not over looking a beach though.

I would say its above average on food, service and the price is very reasonable.

Would definately go back, just hope they can keep it up chefs get very restless and that can make or break a restaurant

I wish peo[ple would say ECCLESALL too just hate this ECCY ROAD expression who started it anyway!!!!!!!!!!

Too right. I refuse to understand any colleagues/friends when they say Eccy Road - I wait until they've said it properly. Besides the fact it's not called that, it sounds pretty juvenile when you have anyone over 10 abbreviating names in such a way.

• 2 weeks later...

1st post - pse be gentle

Bistrot Pierre has certainly got the 'ambiance' right

Downstairs bar is very good and the Restaurant upstairs is very light and airy.In fact it seems to be a very well designed place.

Wine List is good - there are several reasonably priced House and others on the wine list.

Food prices are OK -Starters just under a fiver and Mains c £8 to £12 ish....although it isn't really French

Two of our group -I was one of the two - had the 'Specials' - the Ravioli stuffed with minced venison followed by the Fish Cakes.

DO NOT TOUCH EITHER WITH THE PROVERBIAL BARGEPOLE !

[They were truly appalling]

On a better note, the Egg Benedict was good, as was the Mullet followed by the Bream, the Steak and the Chips were very good,the lamb was OK and the service good.

Unfortunately, I won't be rushing back, but I do hope they do well.

No vested interest and the food and staff WHERE EXCELLENT when we went we also have friends eaten there since and where impressed defo on our visit again list. I wish peo[ple would say ECCLESALL too just hate this ECCY ROAD expression who started it anyway!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps you could get your grammar and spelling in order before you start calling others. Also, is it not a tad hypocritical to use an abbreviation for definitely whilst calling those for using one for Ecclesall?

:huh:

Unless I picked a bad time to visit I would dispute the positive comments.

We went for the early bird menu (just before it finished) and the starters were luke warm. I had the brioch and thought it was quite bland. We both then had the worst looking salmon we've ever seen. All goodness had been cooked out of it (the method of cooking was not clear) and the sauce that sounded so nice on the menu looked watery with an ugly oil slick in it. (If you watch kitchen nightmares it was a bit like the guy in Devon who bought lamb shanks that were vacuum packed and lasted a year in the box ready to be brought to life with a zap in a microwave.)

We left and thought that it would die on it's knees if everyone had the experience we had just had. It's on my doorstep and I'll certainly not be rushing back.

These people who are always ready to knock a new restaurant opening in Sheffield make my blood boil - always negative always complaining talk themselevs down a black hole !

Archived