Bistrot Pierre near Somerfield, Ecclesall Road - have you been?

SMD13

I'd say it is a LONG way from being the best restaurant in Sheffield, but it is fine, on our visit we had the most rude service I think I've ever had from a waitress (so much so it was almost funny) but the food was perfectly ok if not anything to rave about.

Personally I didn't think much to the wine - we had a voucher for a free bottle of house Rose which was truly vile and felt that a good french restaurant should be able to serve good French wine at a reasonable price.

i've been on a saturday night a few weeks ago, it was ramjam full, but the noise from all the other tables was very loud as the tables are quite close together and it seemed to carry around the room. not the place to go for a romantic dining.

The food was OK, but we had to "fight" to get to the bar downstairs, past all the poseurs that were sat on stools sipping their halves of lager.

• 4 months later...

Went last Wednesday - party of seven - excellent

Since my first [disappointing] visit last year I'd not returned.

But...bouquets where they are due- very good value

I had the fixed price menu, which has a glass of wine included with each course, the rest went a la carte and the bill was £190 including quite a lot of pinot grigio excluding the tip.

Much improved.

I've been three times & enjoyed it each time.

The fresh bread at the start is fantastic, also they do honeyed chorizo as an appetizer, which is really nice.

I've had the steak a couple of times & it's a nice tasty cut of beef & both times cooked perfectly. I've always found the staff to be spot on too.. Not too pricey & the earlybird menu is a real winner!

8/10

Archived