Has your driving licence expired?

I think I'll stick with my paper one then, although at my age I would most likely only have one or two renewals to pay for :confused::confused:

I've also heard that you can lose some of your driving entitlements on the new ones such as full motorcycle licence.

Mine was up for renewal last September.

I knew from day one that the plastic licence was for a period of ten years.

Anyone who claims they didn't know, should not be allowed to drive, as they clearly can not read (there is a leaflet/booklet that is sent with a licence where the 10 year renewal was explained).

I agree. Do people go on holiday and kick up a fuss when they present their out of date passport at check in? (Well yes, obviously some morons on that "Airline" TV programme)

Mine was up for renewal last September.

I knew from day one that the plastic licence was for a period of ten years.

Anyone who claims they didn't know, should not be allowed to drive, as they clearly can not read (there is a leaflet/booklet that is sent with a licence where the 10 year renewal was explained).

There is a leaflet now but there wasnt back then, It says that in the OP, if you read through it.:thumbsup:

I have only been driving for about 10 years so I am guessing that I have a good few years left before it expires.

Then you will have a plastic licence (with paper counterfoil), which must be renewed every 10 years.

My OH wasnt aware until we had to have his license copied today and saw a huge blown-up copy of it with the AUG 09 date on the bottom of the photo (sort of hologram), and of course then I checked the date at 4b which sure enough is Aug 09. I am sure it probably stated it in a leaflet but after 10yrs some people forget, I sure did, glad we saw it, hope they send a reminder though as I have a memory like a fish! I do think £17.50 is a bit steep though.

Unwitting motorists face £1,000 fines as thousands of photocard driving licences expire.....

Thousands of motorists are at risk of being fined up to £1,000 because they are unwittingly driving without a valid licence.....

Before photocard licences were introduced, old-style paper licences were valid until the age of 70. Many motorists still believe this to be the case with the new ones.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention :thumbsup: i had forgotten that the photo card expires... checked mine yesterday and it needs renewing next year!

Archived