Mamas & Leonies

dawnchap1

Loved this place as a kid, it's where I'd always try and get my mum to take me and I'd try and go every couple of months as it was a local venture and I loved the fruit pizza they did.

Then my friend who had similar emotional attachments to it, took her "quiet" hen party do there...

One person hadn't turned up and they'd charged for them. My friend was happy to pay for her deposit as agreed but not the whole meal. The waitress was extremely rude to my friend and said she was trying to get out of paying!! 20 meals were paid for and one deposit!!

Anyway she wrote to the owner explaining the situation and she got back the nastiest letter saying that we were rude and rawkous and not welcome again!

Now me, I can be:hihi:, but we were out with the local church group:hihi:, it was all her mums' friends and it was probably the least rawkous late Saturday afternoon party you can imagine!

Her husband went in to see the owner about the letter as it really upset my friend and he got the same treatment, that you can sod off if you don't like it.

Needless to say, that day they lost 20 customers who probably all told at least twenty people and thus cost themselves 400 customers.

I've NEVER been back.

Loved this place as a kid, it's where I'd always try and get my mum to take me and I'd try and go every couple of months as it was a local venture and I loved the fruit pizza they did.

Then my friend who had similar emotional attachments to it, took her "quiet" hen party do there...

One person hadn't turned up and they'd charged for them. My friend was happy to pay for her deposit as agreed but not the whole meal. The waitress was extremely rude to my friend and said she was trying to get out of paying!! 20 meals were paid for and one deposit!!

Anyway she wrote to the owner explaining the situation and she got back the nastiest letter saying that we were rude and rawkous and not welcome again!

Now me, I can be:hihi:, but we were out with the local church group:hihi:, it was all her mums' friends and it was probably the least rawkous late Saturday afternoon party you can imagine!

Her husband went in to see the owner about the letter as it really upset my friend and he got the same treatment, that you can sod off if you don't like it.

Needless to say, that day they lost 20 customers who probably all told at least twenty people and thus cost themselves 400 customers.

I've NEVER been back.

i couldn't agree with you more,

the previous owners (they sold it about 3 or 4???) years ago are a really horrible pretentious bunch,

as far as i know they sold it to the manageress (after some silverspoon son who couldn't run a bath was supposed to take over),

i also hope its closed, a horrible place run by horrible people.

It's still open. I've been going in for years, it may not be the fanciest restaurant around but the food is always decent and better than anywhere else that side of town.

A few people complain about service, but I've never had a problem with it myself.

Archived