Amazing thing to do near sheff!

meer

Hi,

I'd never heard of this place until I went, so I thought I'd tell you all about it , cos I'm sure loads of people, especially with kids, would love it.

Near North Anston, on the way to Worksop is a butterfly house and tropical animal and bird sanctuary.

You can hold owls, feed fruit monkeys out of your hand, see albino squirrels, glow in the dark frogs, lizards, snakes, armies of ants carrying leafs and enormous butterflies the size of your hand.

The website is http://www.butterflyhouse.co.uk .

Check it out, it's really really cool and great for kids.

I have taken my youngest there a few times, yeah, its lovely. The nature walk is particularly good for entertaining three years olds, you can let them 'wander off' safely (doing that thing where you let them think they are wandering off, while giving them the hawkeye) and they are able to explore and discover things themselves.

There is a great place near Newark, I think, called White Post Farm, which is also fantastic for kids. Lots of fluffy things to pet and tractors to climb on. Feed the amazing climbing goats!!! its a very friendly and old fashioned place, kind of storybook-esque, they also have a barn where they hold shows with clever sheepdogs. Go!

Guest rosie

I had my daughter`s and son`s birthday party there 6 years ago. They all had a fantastic time.

We even bought Dwaine, the rabbitt from there at the party and he is still cuddly.

Archived