How many hours do you spend on the net per day?

On average how long do your spend on net per day?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. On average how long do your spend on net per day?

• less than an hour
    • 1 - 2 hours
    • 2 - 4 hours
    • 4 - 6 hours
    • 6 - 8 hours
    • 8 - 10 hours
    • 10 - 12 hours
    • 12 - 14 hours
    • 14 - 16 hours
    • 16 - 18 hours
    • 18 - 20 hours
    • 20 hours +
    • I am never off it

It all depends what day of the week it is and whether I'm in the house or out / on my own or with someone.

If I'm staying in on my own in the evening and there's nothing on the tele than I can be sat here for hours. More usually I'll have an hour on before work and two or three between getting back from work and going to the pub.

My god like 24 hours at the moment.

Seriously loads. I've been staying at my Mum's while recovering from my breakup and other incidents, nothing to do so am in the house all day and night. I'm still gonna have the net when I move back up to Sheffield next week but I should be changing my routine a lot so I'm not sat here on it all the time. I've been using the next for over 10 years now, it's too much of a useful tool for me to give up completely ;)

What do you find to do for all those hours?

I don't even know myself sometimes, I've been desperate for things to occupy my time with. Usually I'll download a lot of new fansubbed anime and tv shows but I'm using mobile broadband so I can't download huge files or watch a lot of streaming video. There's been a lot of things I'd normally do with my time that I haven't been able to concentrate on or couldn't go near for sentimental reasons. I stopped using facebook as well as it was only upsetting me. Can't ebay either as am pretty skint (and no motivation to sell at the min).

Most of my net time the last month has been spent reading and posting to forums and playing a couple of simple browser based games. I was also looking for places to live which I thankfully no longer need to do but still have a browse out of curiosity. I chat to people on MSN as they come and go but only a few, I'm not a massive real time chatter these days though I did venture into the chatroom on here the other night. Do a little job hunting though far less than I should be doing. The last few days I've been checking out livejournal for sheffield people to add to my friends list on there.

Whole routine will change hopefully when I move, I'm planning to spend a lot less time just watching TV too. Well, I'm not gonna watch it at all at first and no get a license.

Archived