Help!! how much for an office

its hard to put a price on it, i would go to somewere that manages office space and let them manage it for you, there will be a monthly charge but they will manage/credit check and collect rent etc also makes it more professional.

on a negative note there is not much interest in sheffield office space, most business`s are moving out to such as rotherham or chesterfield were the council actually help business`s with start up help and business rate discounts.

its not the rents in sheffield that cripple you its the rates. :(

hi

its a very competitive market at the moment. I'm looking for space at the moment and I'm not expecting to clinch a deal at much more than £11 per square foot. For that I expect it to have a phone line and access to broadband as standard. I'm also expecting it to be decorated to our corporate colours.

It is a very difficult question to answer.

Amongst other things a lot depends on the space you have per office.

I have seen very good office space with all bills included, except telephone, for £1 per square foot.

But the space is 2,000 square feet plus, so the cost to the tenant is £2,000 plus a month.

As a general guide I have told that the rates charge is roughly half of the rent per year.

So if you know the rates you pay, try doubling it and see what figure you get.

That figure is for rent only, no bills or service charge included.

Since you are very close to some other well known office rental places have a look at what they are charging.

In the centre of town offices are generally above £600 per month and from £500 per month in the suburbs. Some offices I have seen at the moment are going for £400 per month in the outskirts and townships of Sheffield.

I've been looking at lots of offices over the past 3 months and nothing really seems to determine a price for space. I've seen empty rooms in garages cost more than services offices and some other weird instances. I guess the price will be determined by who really wants the office!

Archived