Anybody visited The Deep?

Go! It's terrific! I've been twice. It's so popular, it's being extended.

Make sure you catch the glass lift at the end of the visit. Tip: if there is a crowd waiting for the lift, and you're not at the front of the queue, politely wave in the folk behind you. When the lift reappears, you then get to be at the front - for the best views!

Also, it pays to wait a while by the tall thin windows - I got the kids I took to just sit on the carpet and wait - and lo and behold, the face of this whacking great shark comes out of nowhere and stares at you! Remember Jaws? You got the picture!

Have a great day out!

Originally posted by Mo

All positive so far, great.

Do you think that it would be hellish busy this weekend, Bank hol and all?

Without a doubt! It's busy at the best of times at weekends - but a Bank Holiday weekend? But then so will almost all other attractions.

Do look around the Marina in Hull, as clogginchris suggested. Also worth a visit is the Humber Bridge Country Park (singposted on your way into Hull from Sheffield). Park your car and take a stroll over the Humber Bridge (free). Get that wow feeling. Vary your route home, and drive over the bridge, coming back along the M180/M18.

Have a good day out!

we went last year.We queued for almost 2 hours, partly in the rain.We found out at the front of the queue that we could of booked/bought our tickets online before hand and walked in straight away.So I'd suggest that that would be worth doing.It was quite good , but to be honest I was expecting it to be bigger,The main exhibition is one huge aquarium,so you basically walk around it and see the same fish from a different angle.There are a few other tanks, and kids interactive stuff,and it was worth the visit, but I was expecting it to take all day, but to be honest we'd had enough after a couple of hours.

I am glad some people have something nice to say about Hull, if even only a small part of it. It is my home town although I live in Sheffield now, and I end up spending half an hour defending the place whenever I tell anyone where I am from originally.

It really does have some good attractions - the Deep, KC stadium best footy ground outside prem, 3rd (ish) longest single span (i think) suspension bridge in the world, marina, own telephone company and white "red phone boxes", worst schools in the country, highest unemployment in the country. erm the last to aren't so great I guess ;)

It smells of fish....

I SWEAR I'm only kidding! Don't flame me!

Hull have a bit of a Housemartins/Beautiful South connection too, which is cool...

And I really enjoyed The Deep, there was this big fish looking through one of the window, absolutely fancinated by all the people looking at it. It stopped there for hours!

Originally posted by march

I am glad some people have something nice to say about Hull, if even only a small part of it. It is my home town although I live in Sheffield now, and I end up spending half an hour defending the place whenever I tell anyone where I am from originally.

It really does have some good attractions - the Deep, KC stadium best footy ground outside prem, 3rd (ish) longest single span (i think) suspension bridge in the world, marina, own telephone company and white "red phone boxes", worst schools in the country, highest unemployment in the country. erm the last to aren't so great I guess ;)

And John Prescott eeeeeeeeeek :gag:

Archived