Sheffield Half Marathon 2005

Am doing the half-marathon on Sunday but only entered today and am very nervous. Ran 10k in gym yesterday and 12k last night around the city and legs are killing me. Only used to running about 5-6k a day and am very worried about putting in a bad time. Anyone know where to get good advice about what to eat before hand etc for the race on Sunday?

Hi,

Im running on Sunday - I half can't wait and half am soo nervous. It will be an early night tomorrow!

This is my first half marathon, and only my second race (my first was the Lord Mayors 10K back in March).

What kind of time do you think you will do?

What number are you?

Good Luck!

Cheers,

Mike.

Hi,

Thanks Everyone!

I'm number 58, I entered early on, full of enthusiasm!! The aim originally was to finish in a really good time, the aim now is just to finish, and enjoy the day!!!

Good Luck Mike!! Early night for me too tomorrow, I've even been off the booze for a full week, that's commitment for you! Will be making up for it Sunday night though!

I've only ever done the Cancer Research Race for Life, which is only 5k, so its a bit of a jump for me, but it'll be a challenge!

Archived