Sheffield Half Marathon 2005

I agree, I liked the band!

Did it in about 2 hours 30 mins, which is what I expected, my legs really hurt straight after, but getting better now!

Off to the local in a bit for a well-earned beer!

Good day!

PS: ms nutty, think I saw you outside the stadium!

Well done everyone who ran today.

My legs have given up on me but I'm pleased I got round in about 2hrs 2mins.

That was my first half marathon and i might have to do it again next year (if my legs have recovered by then!)

:clap: :clap:

I did 1h57 which I was happy with. Can still hardly move though. Think that's my last half for a while, roll on the rother valley 10k.

Shame there weren't more spectators but then it was early. Eccy Road was the best bit (especially when we turned - I thought we had to go all the way to hunters bar).

That's it, that's really done it. And do you know what? I'm gonna say a huge THANK YOU to you all, because you're all to blame! You runners who turned out for the Sheffy Half and who've been on here to tell me about it.

Result? Got myself out on Sunday morning on a 46 minute run, bought some new Nike running shoes on Tuesday and have been running since then. I used to run like mad in 1987 - (I ran 550 miles that year, running 110 miles in one month alone) and did a half-marathon in 1 hour 37. In 1997 I did the half again, in 1:51.

Since then, what? Nothing. Beers and pies. But I've decided I'm going to get back to those levels, albeit double the age I was in 1987!

It'll be hard, and you guys are gonna know about it!

So in a strange sense, thanks.:clap:

Archived