Why Sheffield Nightlife doesnt get better

nightlife

I recently registered to have a say.

Looking through some of the posts i keep noticing everyone complain about the nightlife, the clubs/bars, the music etc but there is a simple answer for all of this.

Try everywhere.

Pay attention to advertisements.

Take a flyer.

Look at your facebook invites and events.

Check your myspace messages.

And stop thinking with negativity, just give it a go, and you may actually find a venue that you really like rather than turning your noses up for whatever reason.

recently there have been a few places opening up to provide you all with somewhere decent to go.

Most recent venues are Players, Static, and there is a new bar opening just off West street, SoYo.

Have you tried them out?

Players is great for pure fun and entertainment as a pre bar for wherever your planning on going, dj's quality and the atmosphere is great

Static is more of a club than a bar, it helps to close the void left by gratecrasher. gorgeous venue, good tunes and nice people. The drinks are really good prices too, cheaper than most places which is suprising for an upmarket venue.

SoYo is apparantly aiming at the crystal crowd, very unique and stylish, lavish decor, late bar.

Theres also that basement place which is pure credit crunch pre bar drinks too.

My point is people should really start to pay attention to what people are trying to do for the good of sheffield. You complain about the big cheesey clubs but you dont try anywhere else.

Maybe its down to advertising, is it that you dont know where these places are or just that your stuck in your ways.

I suggest giving all those places a try this weekend. Basement early doors for cheap drinks, across to players for some banter then down to static. Try one, try them all. Its worth a go. And when SoYo opens, give that a go too.

Archived