Bruce Springsteen At Bramall Lane In The 80'S

sillysally

oh god i remember this - I lived at Swallownest, quite high up - we could actually feel the booming in the floorboards ..9/10 miles away!

I was sat watching the tv in Woodhouse and I could hear just the drums over the tv sound. I couldnt work out what it was but I couldnt hear the tv properly so I opened the door to see where the noise was coming from.I thought that it must be the local pub.Wrong again !!.We lived on the opposite side of the hill to Sheffield

• 2 weeks later...

me and the lads (all teenagers at the time) were out on the ****. walking inbetween pubs up from city road and then down mansfield road we heard the boss singing and joined in. i lived at woodhouse and used to aim to get the last 23 bus opposite the woodthorpe pub at quarter past 11. i decided to miss it that night and we got kicked out the boozer about quarter to 12. to cap off a top night the bus was mega late and so i got my last bus after all. not sure if this was down to traffic because of the gig or that they had put a late bus on but the driver surprisingly in high spirits let me on without paying which to a 17 year old was a double result.

• 1 year later...

So, 9th and 10th July 1988, Bruce Springsteen and The E- Street Band played Bramall Lane - 25 years ago!!

The Star has a double page spread about this tonight, no doubt Saturday's Retro pullout will feature this too.

Were You there?

Any special memories of that weekend?

I was there Saturday and Sunday - my 3rd and 4th Springsteen concerts (after Manchester Apollo and Roundhay Park)

So, 9th and 10th July 1988, Bruce Springsteen and The E- Street Band played Bramall Lane - 25 years ago!!

The Star has a double page spread about this tonight, no doubt Saturday's Retro pullout will feature this too.

Were You there?

Any special memories of that weekend?

I was there Saturday and Sunday - my 3rd and 4th Springsteen concerts (after Manchester Apollo and Roundhay Park)

Oh yes I was there @ the Lane absolutely fantastic concert on the 1st night with a friend called Andrea, oh it was brilliant. On the pitch on the mats laid out, I was right near the front of stage but you kept moving due to dancing, and OMG never had a night like it since.

I remember just as it finished and we were walking out it started to rain; never to be forgotten.