Bruce Springsteen At Bramall Lane In The 80'S

sillysally

I had a pub in Darnell at the time and we had lots of phone calls asking us to turn our duke box down, sounds daft but the sound created a mushroom effect, and we could here it louder than people living nearer to the ground

• 1 month later...

Yes I was there with my husband.Fantastic concert.We were sat in the old stand.I say sat but we stood up all the time.His concerts are one big party.I have seen BRUCE SPRINSTEEN twice since. He was at his best with The E-Street Band.

I went to the Leadmill to see The Sundays. I couldn't get in, the queue was massive. So I sat outside the Royal Standard listening to the Boss.

The Sundays remain the best band that I've never seen.

I had tickets for the sundays, that was the fullest i ever saw the leadmill, glad i took a half bottle of vodka as the bar queues were huge. the sundays were overrated in my opinion..

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

• 7 years later...

Sat hear listening to the glorious Born to Run album and reminiscing seeing The Boss at Bramhall Lane in 88, aged 19. It was loud with a sea of fans as far as you could see right to the stage. The Boss stood out of course, along with the flame red hair of his then long rumoured to be squeeze Patti Scialfa. 
I seem to recall the media reported a day later or so local residents near to the stadium had complained about the noise.  What noise ? I couldn’t hear properly for days afterward 😆 
Totally worth it though for the beautiful memory of the legend that is The Boss. 

I lived at Heeley at that time. Myself and all the neighbours came out hoping to hear The Boss but were very disappointed when we couldn't hear very much. I don't know why The Star reported that Heeley residents were upset about the noise. Having to put up with the problems caused by football fans every weekend Bruce Springsteens concert was a doddle. 😃