Sheffield Tigers Speedway

mh01

looks like newcastle & newport are the early whipping teams

Newport are surprising me i thought theyd be better. Mind their manager has said they will make changes, will sheffields?. Anyway tommorow i reckon a close result but a sheffield win just 48-42, poor bottom end to let themdown.

Newport are surprising me i thought theyd be better. Mind their manager has said they will make changes, will sheffields?. Anyway tommorow i reckon a close result but a sheffield win just 48-42, poor bottom end to let themdown.
dont forget theyre missing craig watson as he had a bad crash just before the season started & he was/is newports best rider

Havent been to Speedway for a couple of years now but I remember going to see the best team win. I watched a bit on SKY some years ago and was appalled at the state and size of some of the tracks, tiny little tin pot outfits.

Small tracks= boring speedway.

Sheffield deserves better as they provide proper fast racing on a decent track where overtaking is possible anywhere.

Does Les Collins still guest ride for EVERYBODY ?

Havent been to Speedway for a couple of years now but I remember going to see the best team win. I watched a bit on SKY some years ago and was appalled at the state and size of some of the tracks, tiny little tin pot outfits.

Small tracks= boring speedway.

Sheffield deserves better as they provide proper fast racing on a decent track where overtaking is possible anywhere.

Does Les Collins still guest ride for EVERYBODY ?

eyup nimrod, if you read previous posts you will see why sheffield dont have elite league racing. les collins hasnt rode this season to my knowledge however he did ride in his brother neils testimonial at stoke at the end of last season and iv heard he will be doing the odd 1 or 2 benefit meetings this season including riding with his son in a meeting later this year

I intend to have an evening watching speedway this year when the nights are a bit warmer. I dont cope with cold weather very well, but I intend to pay a visit, might even look up my old aquaintance Phil Hattersley.
well the weather forecast for tomorrow is good & quite warm. were at home to workington who have our last years team captaian and supposed top rider in andre compton. it should make for a very good, close run meeting

decent all round performance tonight, workington were very top heavy if it hadnt been for priest scoring a few from reserve it would have been a lot better, 3 times comptons rode here this season & 3 times he's been crap, it serves him right for "supposedly retiring" when all he wanted was more money riding for some1 else

Did say that they looked top heavy and that would prevail. Compton was poor tbh and looks a pale shadow of the rider 2 seasons ago. Some decent racing at times, however with so many fallers you kind of get fed up after so long but it happens. Cooper looked quicker, hall was superb, shame he cant quite do it away. We didnt get to see how lawson may have been so that still is a question mark if he had have rode how he would have done. However i still think parsons rode poor, got a few lucky points tonight and doesnt look to be improving, hawkins probably the same, looked very unsteady to me. Autys crash was bad but he may be lucky to escape serious injury at least. So overall from sheffield perspective they did ok, however when the new averages come out id still be looking at stregthening the team as theres still a lot of question marks.

Archived