Advice needed: can my landlady do this to me?

My daughter had far worse done to her by her landlord - believe me yours isn't as bad as many! As for getting a solicitor, save your money, the law isn't worth the paper it's written on in these cases. She can go into your house, change the locks and deny you access and will get a slap on the wrist at the most. Once again my advice to tenants - change the locks as soon as you take over the tenancy. As long as you don't cause any damage, replace the original locks when you leave and ensure the landlord/agent has access when necessary then it's the only way of ensuring your safety and privacy.

There should be something I could do to stop other tenants living in this horrible womans house! It was the first time she has rented out her daughters property through ELR so she doesn't understand what landlords and tenants do with the look of it.

Well I am moving on saturday anyway so will lace the house with kippers, lol, before I take my things, then she will have no tenants for a long time! Seriously though, it isn't right what she is doing to me, threatening me and making me feel like I have no choice but abide by her temper. I do hope she doesn't get any tenants for a long time!

There should be somethng I could do to stop other tenants living int his horrible womans house! It was the first time she has rented out her daughters property through ELR so she doesn't understand what landlords and tenants do with the look of it.

Well I am moving on saturday anyway so will lace the house with kippers, lol, before I take my things, then she will have no tenants for a long time! Seriously though, it isn't right what she is doing to me, threatening me and making me feel like I have no choice but abide by her temper. I do hope she doesn't get any tenants for a long time!

You're probably only joking about the kippers thing, tempting as it is, but remember, you've posted all this for all to see and been pretty specific about which property it is. Word could get back to your landlady, be careful and I hope you have better luck in your new home.

You're probably only joking about the kippers thing, tempting as it is, but remember, you've posted all this for all to see and been pretty specific about which property it is. Word could get back to your landlady, be careful and I hope you have better luck in your new home.

I am only joking. But I do hope she gets her commupance, I hope she gets the tenant from hell next time!!

No I had agreed to pay it to her on the monday 1st March, have all the checks done then ring the DPS for my bond. I doubt i'd get my bond back after all this anyway.

Pity I couldn't inform the new tenants, when she gets them of what she is like!! Not right is it!

Stay away from ELR lettings and a 1 bed house near Totley!

And ELR might just be your saving grace. Agents are usually paid a fee out of the rent you pay therefore normally have a duty to represent the landlord but usually also the tenant too. Don't deal with the lady - get straight on to ELR in the morning - if you have been a good tenant, the telephone call should go pretty smoothly. I can't understand why the landlady and her daughter are getting involved in rents if they are paying ELR as Letting Agents?:confused: Why pay someone to deal with this aspect and then deal with it yourself? Have I got the wrong end of the stick here? I'm sure ELR will be happy to enlighten you once you've explained. They also have a reputation to keep, as well as your landlady.

Yeah but on the other hand if this had been done to me, i would want the landlord to know that there was a thread on the forum about her actions and that as a result she has got a problem with fishy floors thanks to me..... Then she might realize how heartless she has turned as soon as the wonga stopped...

Archived