Best city centre restaurant - not a chain one!

groovyglitz

Wig and Pen could be worth a try. You could give a bit more info if you want people to advise? Intimate? Big group? Preferred food type? Time of day?

The Milestone is more city centre-ish than city centre. Are you talking walking distance?

I've checked out the Milestone's website it looks nice, but the restaurant is quite pricey.

It would just be for 2-4 people, one of them being vegeterian. I've heard that The Ivory is good and not too expensive in the evening at weektimes - which would be when we are going. Any food type really as long as they cater well for veggies.

Will be getting a bus/taxi so it doesn't matter too much on the specific location.

We normally always go to The Pasta Bar on Sharrowvale road which I think is fantastic and is great value for money. Just every other restaurant I've been to never seems to live up to it! haha.

The Milestone downstairs is good value and always some good vegetarian choice on offer. Excelent service and cocktails too. Organic vegetables and home baked bread etc. If you are going mid week, try getting there before 7pm because you get 2 courses and a glass of wine for £12

Pie night (Tuesday) at the silver smiths. Me and our lass have been two weeks in a row so far and really can't describe how good the pies are. The decor is not what you'd expect from a conventional restaraunt, however this makes it quite unique. The staff couldn't be any friendlier and the service is prompt, however if your just after excellent quality, local food without having yer pants pulled down over the price, it has to be Silversmiths.

Archived