FREE Travel on First Buses for 7 days

firthandy

I didn't qualify either.:(

But then I already use the bus buying a weekly £9 ticket so why would they give me a weeks free pass.:|

they sent me one for free today, and the next door, that i filled out with the same details got one too....so a week for free is great.

oh and we dont have a pass as it is, and they had no way of knowing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steptoad

I would'nt use the bus if they paid me. Dirty, smelly, overcrowded, unreliable and staffed by people who are often, at best, unfriendly and often down right abusive.

What mode of transport do you use?

MY car or van.

Got a theory or two, as it is asking for your postcode maybe the offer is restricted to areas with low passenger usage & also when you consider the buses are running anyway 1 or two free travelling passengers are only going to make the buses look fuller there for at no extra cost the service looks more economical to the statistics people.

D/obtain a mobility travel pass, these also allow you to take your carer on the bus for free too ( no time restrictions,or age limits seem to apply)

Not fully correct I have a mobility bus pass but my wife who is my carer DOES have to pay

Not fully correct I have a mobility bus pass but my wife who is my carer DOES have to pay

As you have said ... Mobility Passes are not automatically "with carer":

The 'With Carer Addition'

Since the 1st April 2007 if you qualify for the Mobility Travel Pass and satisfy the extra qualifying rule, a helper can also travel with you free of charge. This is called a 'with carer' pass.

The extra qualifying rule for this addition is that you receive the high rate care part of Disability Living Allowance or the higher rate of Attendance Allowance. We must see proof of the Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance, as well as any proof for the Mobility Travel Pass.

Existing pass holders who want to claim for this addition, should contact us and provide proof of the Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance. We will issue a new letter, which you take to a Travel South Yorkshire Information Centre and they will pass the new details on to the private company that is managing the national scheme. They will issue the new pass to you by post.

Please note the ‘carer’ has to be travelling with the pass holder to travel free but does not have to be the same person everytime you travel. The title 'carer' is used to cover anyone helping you to travel and can be, for example, a relative, friend, support worker or professional carer.

As you have said ... Mobility Passes are not automatically "with carer":

The 'With Carer Addition'

Since the 1st April 2007 if you qualify for the Mobility Travel Pass and satisfy the extra qualifying rule, a helper can also travel with you free of charge. This is called a 'with carer' pass.

The extra qualifying rule for this addition is that you receive the high rate care part of Disability Living Allowance or the higher rate of Attendance Allowance. We must see proof of the Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance, as well as any proof for the Mobility Travel Pass.

Existing pass holders who want to claim for this addition, should contact us and provide proof of the Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance. We will issue a new letter, which you take to a Travel South Yorkshire Information Centre and they will pass the new details on to the private company that is managing the national scheme. They will issue the new pass to you by post.

Please note the ‘carer’ has to be travelling with the pass holder to travel free but does not have to be the same person everytime you travel. The title 'carer' is used to cover anyone helping you to travel and can be, for example, a relative, friend, support worker or professional carer.

thanks for the info but as it states it is for people who get the high rate in the CARE part of DLA.

I get full mobility but bottom care so my wife, who is classed as my carer does Not have the entitlement to a addition pass so she has to pay.

Archived