Dole cheat single mum given 100 years to pay back £70,000 in stolen benefit

Blame the system and not this women. If it weren't so easy to cheat then there would be a lot fewer cheats. Why not instead go after the large multinational companies who use loopholes in the law to avoid paying tax or to pay less tax than they should?

Simply because while I firmly believe that what they do is incredibly unethical, it is legal. Benefit fraud isn't.

Hanging's too good for her! I have no problem with her being a dole cheat but all single mums should be shot. It's the only language they understand.

Exactly, she should have her fallopians trapped in a zip then she should be turned inside out and dipped in salt.

Yes she is a thief and she reaped the benefits of her crimes whilst she was screwing everyone else. Unfortunately for us and everyone else we don't seem to be able to get back off her what she has already spent.

Didn't her partner also 'reap the benefits'? The only problem is that he never actually claimed anything with her. While undoubtedly the onus was on her to report the changes of circumstances, he enjoyed everything as much.

I think it's wrong to vilify only the woman, and not the man too in this case, if people are to vilify anyone.

Didn't her partner also 'reap the benefits'? The only problem is that he never actually claimed anything with her. While undoubtedly the onus was on her to report the changes of circumstances, he enjoyed everything as much.

I think it's wrong to vilify only the woman, and not the man too in this case, if people are to vilify anyone.

Quite, and I hope he'd be easy enough to track down through his CSA payments ......LOL

True, but only if it can be proved he knew. For all anybody knows he could have dumped her because he found out that she'd committed fraud.

True, but only if it can be proved he knew. For all anybody knows he could have dumped her because he found out that she'd committed fraud.

Possibly, but over some years of her not working and he doing so, and the rent continually being paid, you'd have thought he knew about some other income .....

That's why I said that the only reason he couldn't be prosecuted would be that he'd not actually fraudulently claimed. Bear in mind, he almost certainly would have been saying that he was living elsewhere, or just been very, very naive ......

Yes she is a thief and she reaped the benefits of her crimes whilst she was screwing everyone else. Unfortunately for us and everyone else we don't seem to be able to get back off her what she has already spent.

Without trying to defend this thief, there are bigger thieves out there and we don't pursue them at all. There are plenty of high flying city types who pay next to no tax, claim outrageous bonuses and load their pension funds. Make no mistake, this is all at our expense too, yet the Daily Mail doesn't seem to shout so loudly about it.

Possibly, but over some years of her not working and he doing so, and the rent continually being paid, you'd have thought he knew about some other income .....

That's why I said that the only reason he couldn't be prosecuted would be that he'd not actually fraudulently claimed. Bear in mind, he almost certainly would have been saying that he was living elsewhere, or just been very, very naive ......

Oh, I thought she'd been working as well as claiming, so could have just made out she got a better wage than she did.

Without trying to defend this thief, there are bigger thieves out there and we don't pursue them at all. There are plenty of high flying city types who pay next to no tax, claim outrageous bonuses and load their pension funds. Make no mistake, this is all at our expense too, yet the Daily Mail doesn't seem to shout so loudly about it.

Again, because that is legal. Immoral too, I grant you, but still legal.

Archived