Dole cheat single mum given 100 years to pay back £70,000 in stolen benefit

That's the problem. Regardless of what system you put in place it won't be long until a loophole is found and exploited, thanks to the Internet, telephones and whathaveyou. There are only a few people that work on systems (any system, computerised or not) and probably thousands trying to break the system, which is why systems are continually patched up or renewed.

So maybe the only solution is to impose very severe penalties to deter possible offenders.

Severity of penalty is not a deterrent. It never was, for any offence, and there's no reason to believe it ever will be.

Unfortunately that's right. People know they do wrong, play the game and accept the consequences if they are unlucky enough to get caught. Like I said, the burden of proof is generally on the respondant rather than the appellant and making evidence of abuse stick is very difficult indeed, based on the evidence I see on a daily basis.

giving her vouchers for cheap and nasty clothes and nothing but bread and water?

paying her bills for her isnt such a bad idea but do you really think her kids should suffer and eat only bread and water also just because the mother is a fraudster? hardly fair is it?

Unfortunately that's right. People know they do wrong, play the game and accept the consequences if they are unlucky enough to get caught. Like I said, the burden of proof is generally on the respondant rather than the appellant and making evidence of abuse stick is very difficult indeed, based on the evidence I see on a daily basis.

Is this government improving things regarding enforcing the rules ?

paying her bills for her isnt such a bad idea but do you really think her kids should suffer and eat only bread and water also just because the mother is a fraudster? hardly fair is it?

She only feeds her kids chicken nuggets anyway so it would probably be healthier.

She only feeds her kids chicken nuggets anyway so it would probably be healthier.

yes good point NOT

hmmmm i may feed my kids on bread and water for a week then shall i and see how they feel, hey ho if cheaper and healthier then why not

(hides from social services)

It's a perfectly good point hand wringer. Now for the hard of thinking let me enlarge on it and say anyone caught cheating should be on vouchers. They have proven they can't be trusted with money. Let's face it, her kids do live on chicken nuggets, I hardly expect they get their 5 a day from such a useless mother.

It's a perfectly good point hand wringer. Now for the hard of thinking let me enlarge on it and say anyone caught cheating should be on vouchers. They have proven they can't be trusted with money. Let's face it, her kids do live on chicken nuggets, I hardly expect they get their 5 a day from such a useless mother.

i really doubt they actually LIVE on nuggets and nuggets only, dont you, come on be realistic

Archived