Fancy joining an amateur drama group in Sheffield?

Sog73

Sheffield amateur drama group is looking for interested and enthusiastic new members to be involved in all aspects of putting on a play.

We rehearse in Norton/Woodseats area.

We usually put on 2 plays a year - comedy, drama, farces - not musicals.

We are a friendly and informal group and no experience is necessary.

If you've always fancied it but never quite got round to it, then why not come along and see what we do and see if it's for you.

The group has been around for the past 36 years. We usually put on two plays a year (at the Library Theatre in town) which can be comedies. dramas, farces but not musicals or pantomimes (cos we're not very musical!) We are not a huge group so there are opportunities to get involved in all aspects of putting on a play, including acting, directing, costumes, props, front of house, etc. We are always looking for new members who are enthusiastic and wanting to get involved, with or without previous experience.

We meet on a Tuesday evening between 7.45 and 10pm at the Cross Scythes Pub on Derbyshire Lane.

We are currently rehearsing for our next production which is in June and the Lantern Theatre in Nether Edge.

You are very welcome to come along and see what we do and see if it's for you.

Sarah

Yes, sorry, I should have said, we are called Apex Players. We are not really near any tram stops but Woodseats is on a main bus route, if that helps? Where are you coming from? We have members coming from all over Sheffield so someone might be able to give you a lift, if you want?

Sarah

Ah Apex, great, I am actually already in contact with Chris Boydell who sent me a really nice email.

I live in Hillsborough. I have only lived in Sheffield for 1 year and a half so I dont really know Sheffield that well! How much does the membership cost? Thanks a lot for all the information!

Oh that'd be wonderful as i really cant see myself in the public transports late at night...

So It is on Tuesdays from 7h45pm till 10h45pm is that right? I'll just check with my partner as i have a 5 months old baby, just need to make sure its ok with him :o) thanks a lot, Im really looking forward to it!!! :D

Archived