Could it become illegal to criticise religion, and Islam in particular?

The only way you can attempt to make Christianity look foolish is to do what Obama did in that you-tube. He obviously did not have a clue what he was talking about and with the evidence in front of me like that I feel justified in saying his obvious intolerance of Christianity is due to his ignorance.

What makes it worse is that along with Oprah Winfry (spelling) he has been actively involved with this New Age cult.

Re bold. Is that the one shown on the "Obama says USA isn't a Christian Nation" thread? The clip seems to be heavily edited. I wonder if it has been edited to make it easier and shorter to watch, or if there is selective editing to give a particular slant.

Re bold. Is that the one shown on the "Obama says USA isn't a Christian Nation" thread? The clip seems to be heavily edited. I wonder if it has been edited to make it easier and shorter to watch, or if there is selective editing to give a particular slant.

That is the you-tube I meant and he was talking about shellfish and something else I can't remember, that has nothing to do with Christianity.

Avoid threads that deal with religion if you're of a sensitive nature.

If it's a question of neighbors verbally attacking you then you have my sympathies for living amongst a bunch of uneducated ignorant morons but there's little to be done other than just moving out to better places

That is a fair point but if Grahame's record of posts on Sheffield Forum relating to his views on paedophile murder, in the case of Ian Huntley, and the issue of rape are anything to go by then him being castigated is hardly surprising.

Exactly. Thank you.

You actually said it was a possibility. The snippets I have seen on TV made the actors look like heretics.

"Another possibility was that it brought into focus their own beliefs and the basis for them, and made Christians look foolish."

You actually said it was a possibility. The snippets I have seen on TV made the actors look like heretics.

"Another possibility was that it brought into focus their own beliefs and the basis for them, and made Christians look foolish."

My point was:

As the film was not about Christ, those who said it was about Christ and was blasphemous were wrong. I do not know their motives for saying it was about Christ. I attempted to venture a couple of possibilities. There may be others. One possibility was that they truly believed it was about Christ, as they said. Another possibility was that they knew what the film was really about, and it was this that upset them, but they would not admit it, so used the blasphemy claim as a blind. They could have laughed off the joke (which was at their expense) as many others did without in any way undermining their own faith. In my opinion (which is all any post is) those who fought against The Life of Brian made themselves look foolish.

You said "made Christians look foolish"

You seem to have a problem distinguishing christianity from christians.

On another thread, you suggested I was judgemental of christians when I admitted to belittling christianity.

Chistians =/= christianity!

(In case you don't get it, the '=/=' symbol means 'is/are not equal to'.)

Archived