The Fortyfoot

lexusman

My brother used to drink there every day from March 08 upto his death in dec. Paul & Andrea kept an eye on him and sent a beautiful flower arrangement on behalf of themselves and the patrons that drank there. Have a look at the condolances book that they all signed here.Maybe you recognise someone.

http://www.sezlez.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/les/gord.html

jeez just watched the posting of the funeral etc. didnt know he was ill. had many a drink with old gord in the timbertop. great bloke, great company will be sadly missed r.i.p gord ol geezer, save a beer for me upstairs mate!:)

Anyone remember "Carrots" who was a regular there in the 70's/80's ?

I remember Carrotts he went in ther maybe earlier than the 70s also Frank Gillott

Pete Clark god rest his sole and many others at that time. They were a great crowd back then

I remember Carrotts he went in ther maybe earlier than the 70s also Frank Gillott

Pete Clark god rest his sole and many others at that time. They were a great crowd back then

I came across him through darts,crib,dominoes in the Hillsborough league,he always tried to exaggerate his crib scores!

i grew up near the forty foot drain, in the fens - I nearly drove off the road the first time I saw the pub - such a strange place to name a boozer after. Someone must have had some good fishing matches. If I ever go back to Chatteris I'll have to open a pub called the Parson Cross... maybe not ;)

Archived