Cafe Guru - reviews..

jamie86

I have only been to Cafe Guru once and am unlikely to go again. The food is VERY average at best in my opinion (am picky about Indian food as am Indian born and bred!) and on the occasion we went we had booked for a large group (10+) and paid a deposit of £5/head in advance. However 2 people couldn't come due to illness and they would not either refund the £10 or take it off our bill!!! I thought this was shocking service and it totally put me off going back.

I have only been to Cafe Guru once and am unlikely to go again. The food is VERY average at best in my opinion (am picky about Indian food as am Indian born and bred!) and on the occasion we went we had booked for a large group (10+) and paid a deposit of £5/head in advance. However 2 people couldn't come due to illness and they would not either refund the £10 or take it off our bill!!! I thought this was shocking service and it totally put me off going back.

Nothing wrong with this really, although if the rest of you ordered loads to eat and drink it might have been a nice gesture to knock it off the bill.

Nothing wrong with this really, although if the rest of you ordered loads to eat and drink it might have been a nice gesture to knock it off the bill.

The bill for the rest of us came to almost £200, they made plenty out of us and then to top it off they did the other thing which really annoys me in restaurants and automatically added the service charge! Really not impressed by this.

Been two or three times and it's been faultless (indeed so good on the second visit that I picked up the tab for the lot of us [six of us]).

Magnificent food, superb wine (list) and even Vueve Clicquot champers. Who cares what it costs when it's this good?

Archived