Letting Agents Service?

bemo

Tell them to whistle for it, to be quite frank. You have already signed the new AST, they didn't mention the fees at this point (or until many weeks had passed). Don't leave the property early as you will be at fault, if you continue to be harrassed ask for your landlord's details and contact them.

My girlfriend and I are currently wrangling with our letting's agents about £150 they want from us as an "administration fee" for re-signing our contract with them.

This seems totally outrageous!!! Ask them to specify why it should cost £150.00 for this!!! I know agents who do it for £15 which in comparison looks acceptable!!

Ask for a break down and see what they come back with. Having said that, I would also check in your original contract to see what it says there about additional fee's such as these resign fee's.

Also, did you choose to re-sign or did they tell you that you needed to do this?

A delay of six weeks from re-signing to them notifying you of the charge is rather odd, did they not say anything when you went in to sign (presumably you went to their offices to do this)?

Also, did you choose to re-sign or did they tell you that you needed to do this?

A delay of six weeks from re-signing to them notifying you of the charge is rather odd, did they not say anything when you went in to sign (presumably you went to their offices to do this)?

Hi Chaps,

Thanks for your replies, We signed the contract again out of our own choice, partly so we didnt have to have people traipsing round looking at it and also because we thought it a good idea at the time because we wouldnt have to pay the charges from a new letting agency... how wrong I was.

Story was, we told them that we wanted to sign up for another 12 mo. tenancy, we went into the office to sign in the first week of January, they mentioned nothing about a charge until I received an e-mail on the 17th of February saying:

Hi Joe

Just a quick reminder that we are still waiting for your and Joe's OH signing fees of £75 each. Once we receive them, everything will be complete for next year.

Thanks

Blar de Blar Properties

Also a phone call yesterday (3/3/9) asking for this so called finder's fee. I really don't want to pay this cash as we are saving for a holiday and things are tight as they are.

J :)

Looking at £75.00, going to a new property could have been a cheaper option! I would still look through your current AST and have a look at the additional costs and see what it says there. If it has been written in to the contract that this ludicrous fee of £150.00 is payable then there isn't much you can do.

It is odd how it took them several weeks to let you know about the outstanding charge.